Summer is here and how great is it to stay out in the sun all day?. Unfortunately, your hair doesn’t feel the same. The sun and salt/chlorinated water dries out your hair, and your scalp can easily get a sunburn.
- Conditioner is your best friend. Use a good conditioner with a lot of moist. and once a week use a hair treatment, followed by a conditioner. If you are going for a swim in the pool, put on some conditioner and put your hair up in a bun, to protect from the chlorine.
- Do not shampoo your hair before going to the pool. The shampoo removes protective oils and your hair will be more vulnerable.
- Try to stay away from heating tools. They will just dry out your hair more. Blow dry only at low heat.
- If you have coloured hair, you need to take extra care of your hair. The sun and water will make the colour fade, so use care products made for coloured hair.
- Use a hat or scarf to cover your hair when you are tanning.
- A good idea is to use a leave-in conditioner with sunscreen.
- Wear your hair up, so there is as little sun exposure as possible.
Have a great summer!