Before you even embark on the adventure of changing your hair colour, it is a great idea to perform a patch test, to make sure you are not sensitive to the ingredients in the hair dye.
Why should I do a patch test?
Although, NATURIGIN is based on 98 % organically derived ingredients, it still contains a few ingredients that can be related to hair dye allergy to maintain a permanent hair colour quality (read more about hair dye allergy here). No matter what product you are about to use it is always a good idea to perform a patch test 24 to 48 hours before to prevent potential adverse effects.
How do I do a patch test?
To perform a patch test of one of NATURIGIN colours is always a good idea before colouring your hair.
- Use cotton swabs to dab a small amount of the product onto your skin in an innocuous place, for example behind your ear or at the nape of your neck.
- Remember to do this with both the colour cream and activator, however, you do not have to mix the two just yet.
- Wait 24 to 48 hours and check for a reaction to the two components.
- If you see an irritation on the skin you should refrain from colouring your hair further.
- If your skin has not reacted to the patch test you are all set to continue your hair colouring adventure and should not experience any allergic reactions.