Festival season is here and for this occasion we have made a small gallery containing our bid for some cool and easy to make festival hairstyles. Whether you have short or long hair, these styles are great for a playful, yet fashionable look. Read along for a short guide on how to style your hair for festivals and how to nurse your hair in the simplest and least time consuming way during festivals.
Style Your Hair: The Classy Look
- Start a French braid on one side of the head and continue across in the front hair.
- Continue the French braid all the way to the back of the head and gather the hair.
- Loosen the braid a little for more volume.
- Make a messy bun in the hair that’s left.
Tip: Tighten with hair pins and spray with hairspray for a longer hold. And you’re done!
Style Your Hair: The Playful Look
- Split the hair into two equally sized parts with a middle parting. Start with one part and make a French braid from the for head and towards the neck.
- When there is no more hair to braid, gather the braid with an elastic band and do the same thing on the other side.
- Loosen the braids a little for a more voluminous look.
- Use hair spray for better hold.
Style Your Hair: The ‘2016’ Look
- Take a lock of the front hair and split into two with a middle parting.
- Take the first lock, split into three and make a French braid.
- When you are done with the first braid, tighten it with hair pins and do the same on the other site.
- When you have two French braids, gather them into a messy, random or classic bun. Loosen the braids a little.
- Style the hanging hair for more volume, spray with hair spray, and you get this look:
Style Your Hair: The Simple Look
- Take a lock of hair on one side of the head and make a French braid down to around the ear. Continue a regular braid a little further.
- Gather the first braid with an elastic band and do the same on the other side.
- When you have two braids, one on each side, gather them and the rest of the hanging hair into a ponytail.
- Take a lock from the ponytail and twist around the elastic band, and you have the complete result:
Tip: You can also gather the hair in a bun or continue the braid all the way down.
Style Your Hair: Simple Hair Tips during Festivals
During festivals you might not have the time or energy to worry too much about your hair. But festivals often mean few showers and lots of sun, and you probably don’t think about all the dust, beer and cigarette smoke ending up in your hair. That’s why we suggest a few simple tips for how to take care of your hair in the simplest possible way during a festival.
Clean Your Hair:
If you don’t have access to a shower or don’t want to wash your hair every day, use dry shampoo. Dry shampoo will keep your hair less dirty and greasy looking and is actually a great styling product for achieving great festival hairstyles.
Protect your hair from the sun:
Hopefully, there will be lots of sun during the festivals, but sun is damaging for your hair if you stay out all day. So make sure you use UV protection on your hair (and skin!), and wear a cool hat during the mid-hours of the day, where the sun is most damaging.
These were our ‘how to style your hair’ tips, but festivals are the greatest occasion to experiment with your hairstyles, so only your imagination sets the limits. Bottoms up!